Day 5 brings with it a BIRTHDAY.
Today we celebrate my husband’s life and birth. He was one of 2 fighting to get out of the womb but graciously let his sister go first like a gentleman. We now live less than a block from her and the family and it’s great fun. No, they are not identical – fraternal.
A birthday list
- Did you know that the most common birth months are September and October. hmmm what happened 9 months earlier?
- We like to celebrate with a cake; without it there is no birthday. Tonight was no exception. There were 3 extra children here as guests of our kids so we had cake, sang the birthday song and danced around the kitchen laughing and listening to arrogant worms.
- Gifts for adults get smaller. Just more expensive.
- Birthday cards in the mail are still awesome. At any age.
- A golden birthday is when you turn the age of your birthdate. Mine was when I was eleven. Wes was when he turned 5.
Our family is preparing for many other birthdays this month along with thanksgiving this weekend. It’s definitely fall around here.